Monday, April 28, 2014

Tonsils, Tubes, & Adenoids

These two were sick for months on end.  Breezy had sinus and ear infections after infections.  Brox got strep and then it totally changed his voice and made him snore.  We kept thinking it would go away, but then he got hit with strep again.  The dr told us they were the biggest tonsils he had ever seen.  So then and there we decided it was time for surgery.  They were the cutest and bravest patients.

IMG_20140331_083515

Coming out of anesthesia was a whole different story… they were awful.  Luckily my mom was there to help me or I would’ve been in so much trouble.

IMG_20140331_140044

Recovery with Brox was awful!  He didn’t sleep for weeks, wouldn’t take any medicine, and cried constantly.  One morning he was doing horrible.  I couldn’t get him to eat, drink, take medicine, etc. but he would just scream.  I finally called my dad who was working down the street and asked if he would come give a blessing.  I snapped this picture right before the blessing.  He was lethargic, had some nasty thick mucus, and throwing up some blood.  I was scared out of my mind.

IMG_20140403_102322

My dad gave him the blessing and then talked Brox into holding a popsicle.  2 minutes later (I snapped the picture below) Brox jumped down and started running around playing.  (remember… there was no medicine in his system at all!)  I have always had a testimony of the priesthood, but never in my life have I seen it work so quickly.  My testimony was strengthened more then I though possible.  It is amazing what the gospel can do!

1396543718344

No comments:

Post a Comment